MD HQL Fingerprinting
Heritage Training and Shooting Center provides convenient fingerprinting for anyone seeking to obtain their Maryland Handgun Qualification License. If you register for one of our HQL Courses, fingerprinting is usually available both before and after your course time.
With a Heritage Range Card- $52.75
Without a Heritage Range Card- $62.75
Fingerprinting for Maryland Handgun Qualification License
If you are training exempt we can assist you with your fingerprints and the HQL application 7 days a week.
Reasons you might be training exempt:
- Someone who completed a firearms safety training course approved by the Secretary of the Department of Maryland State Police
- Has completed a course of instruction in the competency and safety of firearms as prescribed under Natural Resources Article, §10-301.1, Annotated Code of Maryland. The Maryland Department of Natural Resources Hunter Safety Course may be used in lieu of Qualified Handgun Instruction.
- Is currently a qualified handgun instructor.
- Is an honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or National Guard.
- Is an employee of an armored car company who has a handgun permit issued by MSP.
- Lawfully owns a handgun; purchased prior to 2013, you do not have to complete the training to apply for the Handgun Qualification License
You must be fingerprinted even if you are training exempt. Please bring all supporting documents with you if you would like assistance with the Handgun Qualification License Application. This could be a DD-214, your Hunter’s Safety Card, your current firearm make and model, or other documents.
If you are unsure if you are qualified for training exemption, please contact the Maryland State Police Department.