Candidates will receive training on all aspects related to their job duties and responsibilities. The Safety Officer (SO) is a critical component to the safe operation of the firing range. The SO enforces safe firearm handling. SO's must pay acute attention to the range area while maintaining a strong mental focus on safety, which will result in a positive experience for all customers. The primary duty of a SO is to organize, conduct and supervise safe range activities and range operations for all customers at all times. Heritage prides itself on client attention and offers an array of personal protection services including firearm training, firearm rentals, shooting lane rentals, livescan fingerprinting, and passport photos. Heritage is open for business 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Safety Officer Duties:
- Communicate in a professional, courteous, and compassionate manner with all customers
- Represent Heritage by conducting yourself in a professional manner that reflects positively on the facility.
- Supervise all range activities and ensure that all customers follow range regulations.
- Enforce all policies and procedures prescribed by the Range Operations Manual (ROM).
- Operate Point of Sale system to schedule and rent firearms to customers.
- Perform procedures for opening and closing the range as described in the ROM.
- Work cooperatively with all staff to achieve Heritage's goals and objectives.
- Follow and uphold Heritage's policies at all times.
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- 21 years or older
- Naturally friendly and positive daily attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills
- Able to carry out directives efficiently
- Must pass criminal background check
Full or Part-time positions available.