Adult First Aid/CPR Course
This American Red Cross Adult First Aid, CPR & AED certification class will prepare you to recognize and care for a variety of first aid, breathing, and cardiac emergencies involving adults. This class meets OSHA/workplace requirements. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED valid for two years.
- Describe how to recognize an emergency and size up the scene and activate EMS System
- Understand legal concepts as they apply to responders, including consent and the purpose of "Good Samaritan Laws"
- Identify how to reduce the risk of disease transmission
- Demonstrate how to check a person who is responsive or unresponsive for life-threatening and non-life-threatening conditions
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack
- Describe the Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Demonstrate the use of an automated external defibrillator(AED) for a person who is in cardiac arrest
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of shock and describe appropriate first aid care
- Describe methods used to control external bleeding, including the application of direct pressure and the application of a commercial tourniquet.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of, and describe appropriate first aid care for heat-related illnesses, cold-related illnesses, and poisoning
- Signs and symptoms of, and describe first aid care for: breathing emergencies, diabetic emergencies, seizures, fainting, and stroke
Duration 5 Hours